Our client wants an open source e-commerce solution designed as an extension of the Joomla which fulfills their all business needs. We have taken web design idea from the client on the basis of template. Principally all the credit goes to the client as it has been done by their approval only.
Hence for website development we recommended them following:
Since our client had to do their business online from their website, so all the money transactions they wanted to be done through their website only. So we recommend them a VirtueMart which is an open source e-commerce solution designed as an extension of the Joomla. This VirtueMart is having the following features:
1. Efficient of using Secure Sockets Layer (https) Encryption (128-bit)
2. Flexible Tax Models
3. Order History: Shopper can view all their earlier Orders with details
4. Order Confirmation Mail (which is customizable) is sent to Shopper and Store Owner
5. It allow multiple currencies to let customers to change the currency and deal using an alternative currency
6. Support multiple languages
7. Powerful Web-Administration Interface
8. Manages an extensive number of products and categories
9. Can be used as a Shop or just as an Online-Catalogue
10. Quick Search for Products, Categories and Manufacturers; filter by features or discounted Products
11. Product Ratings & Testimonials
12. Feature specific Products by setting them “on special”
13. Multiple Images and Files (like Spec Sheets and Flyers) per product
14. Product Types for Classification (like “Car”, “Motorbike” or “Music Album”)
15. Shopper Groups for Customers (allows different Price Levels and Payment Options)
16. Multiple Prices per Product (Quantity-based and/or Shopper Group-based Prices)
17. Flexible Price Display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax)
18. On-the-Fly Price Conversion between different Currencies using Live Rates from the ECB or other banks
19. Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a Summary of new Customers, new Orders
20. Pre-defined Payment Gateways like authorize.net®, PayPal, 2Checkout, eWay, Worldpay, PayMate and NoChex
21. Extend your Shop with other Payment Modules using the Payment Module API
22. Live-Shipping Rates using Shipping Modules (e.g. InterShipper, UPS, USPS, FedEx or Canada Post; Modules can use the Shipping Rate API)
23. Extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the Shipping Module API
24. Cost – Free, Updates – Free, License – GPL
To authorize payments for our client’s business we used an e-commerce application provider service ‘payment gateway ‘, which is similar to a physical point of sale end found in most retail channels.
Note: Payment gateways protect credit card details by encrypting sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, to ensure that information is passed securely between the customer and the merchant and also between merchant and the payment processor.
The account of number of customers is being handled by MYSql database at the back-end.
We put a list of all the perfume brands at the left side from where customers can view details of their favorite brand or brands. While seeing details of the brands customers can also rate the brands. In these brands through admin our client can give the discount price to customers or can give free delivery on a certain limit of purchase. So discount prize and original prize can completely handled by admin.
Other than this we provide them RC-CSV which help them to easily manage their store by updating it via csv/excel. CSV(Comma Separated Value), which is a time-saving tool for any Joomla site, allows users to easily create Joomla content items from data stored in spreadsheets and CSV files.